Tuesday, August 6, 2013

'Parent's Choice' Diapers Causing Diaper Rash?

Hello mommies! Today I have a few comments & questions on the Walmart brand diapers, 'Parent's Choice'. 



Ever since I brought my daughter home from the hospital, we've regularly used Huggies Snug & Dry. But there have been a few times I've tried to save a few bucks & ended up buying Parents Choice. When my daughter gets diaper rash, it's usually a little worse than normal because she has semi-sensitive skin.. But nothing so bad that a little diaper rash cream can't fix quickly. I didn't realize why at first, but the first couple times I tried Parents Choice diapers, my daughter got a terrible, terrible rash that was even slightly blistering! (...not to mention they were very leaky too!)

I didn't even think about the fact that it could be the diapers because the first couple days she was fine. But the last time I bought PC after that was the LAST! Her rash got worse than I'd ever seen before & she was even telling me it hurt & crying when I was getting ready to wipe her. That's when I realized it was the DIAPERS doing this to my poor baby! :( I felt so terrible for her! I was using soft, wet wash cloth's to wipe her instead of baby wipes & was using Desitin and cornstarch baby powder when I would change her diapers but it just wasn't clearing up as easily as it normally would. *Just a little tip here.... I found that what worked best to get rid of her rash was switching back & forth from Desitin, and regular A&D ointment every other diaper change. That worked very well for us!* 

Of course as soon as I realized it was the PC diapers that were breaking her out in rash, I immediately threw them out & switched back to my Huggies! At first I thought that my baby girl may have been allergic to the diapers, but she wasn't. I started doing a little research & asking other people if they had tried PC diapers & was pretty shocked to find out that quite a few other people have had bad experiences with these diapers. I've heard of some babies getting a rash so bad that they had open wounds that became infected & even turned into yeast infections! I was horrified at this information and made sure I shared it with friends & family members with babies of their own. 

Tonight I noticed my little sweetie was a little red on her bottom & it reminded me of the terrible experience we had with Parent's Choice diapers & just felt that I HAD to share it to try to help others avoid this terrible problem! I know these diapers work just fine for some people, and I'm not downing the brand at all!- I use their wipes all the time & I love them! But, the diapers just aren't right for a lot of kids out there. If they're working for you an your little one, that's great! But for me, they were a horrible let-down & I think I will stick to Huggies from now on.

_________________________________
I highly recommend the Huggies Snug & Dry, but I also understand that for a lot of people, money is a little more tight. So I thought I'd mention a couple good alternatives. Target brand diapers.. I believe they're called 'Up & Up'.. Are very nice. I really liked them and a LOT of other people say good things about them as well. The other I want to mention is Luvs. They have been around a long time and even though I haven't tried them myself, have heard amazing things about them and plan to try them in the future. Luvs is "name brand" but they're only $1 or $2 more than generic. From what I hear, they don't leak which is awesome! 

I really hope that this helps someone & saves you & your babies from the painful experience many of us had to go through! If you have any questions, leave me a comment & I will get back to you. Goodnight and sweet dreams to you and your little ones :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi! I found this article after doing a google search. My daughter has had a diaper rash for a month now...gets so bad that she scratches till she bleeds during bath time. I stopped giving baths and wipe her up now. Took her to the Dr after 2 weeks and was told to try butt balm. Nothing works. I just now realized I recently switched to PC trying to save a little money. If this is the reason she has been suffering I'm going to feel terrible! I switched back to Pampers yesterday...hopefully it will clear up. Usually use Pampers or Luvs's. Thank you for this article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter in law bought Parent's Choice to save some money and about 5 diapers in my granddaughter broke out in a horrible rash with some bleeding. She mentioned that a friend of hers told her about Parent's Choice causing a reaction so I Googled it. I was mad to find out that these diapers are still being sold. Her bottom is horrible. I immediately went and got her some Pampers. I can't believe that Walmart has not done something about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this article a little to later usually use Pampers or target brand I bought the parent choice Christmas addition because they looked cute now realizing that ever since I’ve been using them my daughters had a rash

    ReplyDelete
  4. We’ve had the same issue with the Christmas diapers from Parents Choice, so I switched back to using the Parents Choice Training Pants and the same issue is still happening. We’ve been using PC training pants on our daughter in size 2T-3T and she had no issues with it. We recently went up to the 3T-4T size in PC training pants, and the rash came back with a vengeance. I’m clueless at this point. I’ve contacted Parent’s Choice for a refunded and my daughter’s pediatrician to see what ointments may help. It’s a dry, red, scaly and slightly itchy rash on her lower back, left and right buttocks, and under her little butt cheeks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resently bought a box of 168 size 1 for my little girl and the first sleve of diapers she had no problems half way through the second now and she's got a bright red rash I can't use the wipes by pc on her as she broke out bad with them I was hoping she would be fine in these diapers but no such luck she can't use luvs either breaks out worse than now so I guess it'll be huggies or pampers only from now on

    ReplyDelete
  6. We usually use Kirkland or Huggies and we've never had a problem with those. Like everyone else, bought Parents Choice to save $2, and my daughter's had a rash basically all month! With the other brands, she had maybe 4 rashes in the whole 9 months of her life, and after switching, it was nothing but rashes! More like Parents LAST Choice!
    Never using PC products again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I jist realized that parents choice diapers are the reason why my twins have both developed horrible rashes that bleed and make them break out in itchy bumps,I'm done with parents choice! My poor babies have been suffering all because of these terrible diapers! Parents choice is DEFINITELY NO LONGER my choice of diapers ANYMORE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I regularly buy Pampers brand and I recently purchased parent's choice. My son has broken out in hives all over his face and back bleeding until he itches... It was so bad I had to take him to the emergency they gave him topical creams that are just not working all of this has caused me to do research on everything that's on his body now I know it's the diapers that are giving him rash causing his skin to look like it's blistered 🥺 I will never purchase anything from parent's choice ever again. And I will continue to WARN?!!!!! other parents

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these diapers are what is causing my baby to develop what my ped. Called eczema. They are horrible scaly patches. He even has it on his head! They are itchy and he scratches them tell they bleed. This is horrible...I feel so bad I did find out sooner. We have been dealing with this for months. I am mad they are still allowed to sell them in 2020. I can't believe i didn't research this sooner and been spending $60 on a cream the insurance won't cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son got a rash on his butt the 1st time I put one on him. I was using Huggies prior so I went back. No issue and the rash went away in a matter of 3 days. Then just today I really needed a diaper and used one of the parents choice diapers and the rest came right back with just one diaper. So I have basically a full pack by my bed and am going to just threw them away. We're going back to and staying with Huggies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Most Profitable, The Most Profitable, The Most Profitable,
    The greatest titanium wood stoves expert in the history of armor was the warrior who titanium white acrylic paint carried out his bidding on microtouch solo titanium behalf sia titanium of the gods. titanium wedding band

    ReplyDelete